PICKLE BALL INFORMATION
Pickle Ball is another fun, recreational activity the Columbus YMCA provides to its members and guests.
YMCA is FREE for all YMCA members and requires any Non YMCA Members to pay the day fee: $10.00 for adults, $7.00 for seniors 65 and older, $5.00 for high school students and younger.
Youth under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult – out of high school, to play Pickle Ball.
Pickle Ball times:
Monday – Friday, 12:00 noon – 4:00 p.m.
Fridays – 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (adults only after 9:00 p.m.)
Sundays – 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Early mornings would be possible as well, 5:00 – 8:00 a.m. M – F.
The YMCA has two courts taped on the gymnasium floor, the back, northwest corner, Court 2, of the gym. Pickle Ball has priority on Court 2 at the times listed above. If that court is busy with something other than Pickle Ball at the times listed, please ask a staff member and they will clear the court for Pickle Ball.
There are four net systems and enough paddles and balls for four games to be running at the same time. Two courts are taped on the floor. The other two courts will be temporary and use cones, line markers, etc. to mark the courts.
Nets, paddles, balls, etc. are all in the YMCA storeroom.
Basic instructions and rules are included with the Pickle Ball equipment.
Nets will be set up for weekday noon pickle ball and will remain up through mid-afternoon. The nets will be up for Friday evenings. All other times, unless noted for special Pickle Ball events, will require Pickle Ball players to set up and take down the nets. This is a very simple system to set up and take down. Y staff will show players how to set up nets the first time. Then it will be up to players to set up and take down.
This time of year is extremely busy. Our staff is glad to help with set up and take down. We ask for your cooperation with this issue.
- Pickle Ball is a drop-in activity. NO reservations are taken. Similar play to noon-ball play. First on the court, first to play, then losers sit and new people play.
- Please take care of the nets, paddles, and other equipment. If you notice anything broken or not working correctly, please tell at Y staff member.
- If you move any benches, tables, or bleachers, please put them back when you are done playing.
- They gym will be used by many others at the same time. Please be considerate and willing to get along.
- Contact any full-time Y Staff person with questions or suggestions.
- HAVE FUN!