- Members must scan their membership card to gain admittance to the YMCA. NO CARD, NO ADMITTANCE. Replacing a lost card is $5.00 per card.
- All attire worn in the YMCA must be appropriate and consistent with the YMCA Mission and related activities. Inappropriate attire will not be allowed in the YMCA.
- The YMCA is not responsible for personal articles lost or stolen at the YMCA. We suggest you leave all valuables at home or be sure to lock them up while using the facility.
- Lockers are available on a daily basis at no charge or can be rented on an annual basis. Please use a lock that has a protective cover on it to prevent damage to lockers. Locks may be purchased at the front desk.
- The YMCA is not responsible for any accidental injury to members and guests while participating in physical activities at our facility or in our programs.
- The YMCA is classified as a “Drug Free Zone.” Any type of drugs, tobacco, alcohol or controlled substances are prohibited and penalties for violations of this federal classification are doubled.
- The YMCA is to be a cell phone free area. You may bring your cell phone with you to use for emergencies but it must remain put away. Phones used for videotaping and taking pictures will be confiscated and the offender will be excluded from the building. Phone access is always available at the front desk of the YMCA.
- The Columbus Family YMCA is a Gang Free Zone. No gang imitation of any kind will be tolerated at the YMCA. This includes but is not limited to: clothing, bandanas, colors, hat positions, throwing signs, and tattoos. Anyone violating this policy will be banned from the YMCA. Appropriate action will be taken against them by the Columbus Police Department.
- The YMCA reserves the right to cancel any class or program due to insufficient registration, unavailability of instructors or loss of class space.
- Cash refunds will not be made, except in cases where the YMCA has cancelled classes/programs or the YMCA receives written notification of the reason(s) the class cannot be attended before the first class session.
- Memberships are sold on an annual basis or on a month to month basis with an automatic bank withdrawal plan. Monthly memberships must be cancelled in writing before the fifth (5th) of each month to stop the automatic withdrawal from the bank. Monthly memberships automatically renew unless cancelled in writing by the member.
- Financial assistance is available to adults and families to help them become a YMCA Member. Funding from the United Way and from donations from the community enable our YMCA to assist those who are less fortunate but want to belong to the YMCA.
- Youth ages six (6) and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times while at the YMCA. Childwatch is available at posted hours for parents of this age of children to enable the parents to utilize the YMCA programs and facilities.
- High School students will be allowed to directly supervise a child (brother or sister) younger than 7 years old at the YMCA. Supervision requires that the supervising person be with the child at all times.
- The YMCA closes weeknights at 9:00 p.m. for unsupervised youth, ages 18 and under (high school student and below). No youth may be in the YMCA after 9:00 p.m.
- The adult locker rooms are for adult use only. Adults are anyone who is 18 years of age and older and out of high school.
- NO YOUTH EVER DENIED. The Columbus Family YMCA Board of Directors has determined that any child may belong to the YMCA regardless of income or family situation. If you know of a child who would like to have a membership but cannot obtain one, please notify the YMCA.
- The Columbus Family YMCA has adopted a no-tolerance policy. The first behavior offense: fighting, stealing, sneaking into the YMCA, blatant disrespect to others, foul language, etc., will cause the immediate removal from all YMCA programs and facilities for up to six months. A meeting between the YMCA staff, the offending youth and their parents is required for reinstatement to the YMCA. A second offense after being reinstated will cause permanent exclusion from all YMCA programs and facilities.
- No youth will be admitted into the YMCA who is not dressed accordingly. You must have exercise/workout type clothing: shorts, tennis shoes, swimming suit, etc. Youth who wish to just wander the halls and “hang out” will not be admitted. Everyone at the YMCA must be there to utilize the facilities and programs offered.
- Non-members desiring entrance to the YMCA must pay the appropriate day fee and sign the non-member day book.
The YMCA announces that “No Smoking” will be honored throughout the Columbus YMCA facilities and grounds in the interest of the health of all members, guests and staff.