The Y Values
The YMCA is open and available to all people. Everyone who uses the YMCA and its programs must abide by the YMCA Code of Conduct. This code of conduct is expected of all YMCA members and participants. Caring, honesty, respect and responsibility are the four key character qualities that YMCA staff model and instill in all programs. We expect nothing less from everyone who participates at the YMCA.
- Everyone in the building will be treated with respect. This includes actions, words and attitudes. One person is not more important than others.
- The YMCA is a community environment and certain activities are not permissible to ensure the safety and well being for all. Smoking, drinking, taking drugs, gang activity, physical, emotional, or verbal abuse are prohibited.
- Taking care of the facility is everyone’s responsibility. If you use it, put it back. If you make a mess, clean it up. If something breaks, let a staff member know. If someone is doing something illegal or wrong, report it right away.
- Put others first. Take that extra time to give courtesy and respect to those using the facility along with you.
- All state and local laws will be followed and upheld at the YMCA. Anyone breaking these laws will be excluded from the YMCA and the appropriate legal action will be taken against them.
Caring – Show sincere concern for others.
Honesty – Be truthful in what you say and do.
Respect – Follow the golden rule.
Responsibility – Be accountable for your promises and actions.
The YMCA announces that “No Smoking” will be honored throughout the Columbus YMCA facilities and grounds in the interest of the health of all members, guests and staff.